— A Wrap-Up Of The Year
Mobile apps matter. A lot. Not because the good ones mint money for my company, not because making them is the hottest segment in the domain of m-technology (these are valid reasons though!) – but mainly because they excite me. Yes, 9 years after our first Java app – Qualicell – I still feel the thrills of a newbie, every time a new project comes in. ‘Puppy love’ – now that’s a nice phrase to describe how I and my Teks family feel about making new apps.
Okay, back to 2015 then. We completed 9 years of existence this year – that’s 9×365 days of taking up new challenges, connecting with clients, building on app ideas, and putting a smile on the faces of each people who gets in touch with Teknowledge Mobile Studio. It doesn’t feel like we have already created close to 1000 apps – but well, there it is.
Speaking of clients, this has been a watershed year for Teks Mobile. We have been involved in making mobile apps for overseas clients for the last four years or so – and in 2015, the total count of our foreign clientele breached the 200-mark. Here’s hoping that we will be able to touch the lives (and the smart devices!) of more people around the globe next year. Wish me luck on that!
Continuing with all things global, the Swedish chapter of Teknowledge – Teks Mobile Sverige – started operations from the second quarter of 2015. This one follows fairly close on the heels of the start of our branch in Australia. So now, we are present at Sydney (Australia), Kolkata (India) and Sala (Sweden). Helming a internationally mobile app company is a long-standing dream of mine – and I daresay we are already on our way.
A li’l bit of breaking news here – don’t be surprised if a new chapter of Teks Mobile opens in early-2016, at a Nordic country!
2015 has also been the year when the in-house team at Teknowledge grew like never before. This year, we recruited a handful of PHP, Android and iPhone developers. A couple of guys bid adieu too – but credit to them, both have remained in touch with us. You become a part of the Teks family once – you become a member for life!
This has been a breakthrough year for Team Teks in another aspect too. 2015 saw us really get serious about mobile game development – for both iOS and Android. A personal favourite of mine and am sure countless others, is the core area of focus.
The year has also been kind from a professional perspective. Appreciations and recognitions and awards have fairly flowed in from reputed sources. Some of the highlights in 2015 in this regard for Teks were:
- Winner at GMASA 2015 (Best Books & Reference App Award) – Story Time For Kids.
- Vodafone M4G Awards (Shortlisted) – Story Time For Kids.
- Howww.com ‘App Of The Week’ (Shortlisted) – Story Time For Kids.
- Honourable mention in the ‘Healthline 15 Best Anxiety iPhone and Android apps of 2015’ – ICBF.
- Featured in the ‘Top 30 Meditation Apps (iPhone and Android)’ by TOPCOUNSELLINGSCHOOLS – ICBF.
- A selection of apps featured in AppDesignServed.
Also, several of our apps got featured online in the Wacom Gallery (http://gallery.wacom.com/teknowledge) this year. We have believed in our apps, and our apps have backed up our belief!
Okay then, now let me turn my attention to the roller-coaster fun ride that 2015 was for Teknowledge Software. ‘All work and no play’ has never been a motto at my company – and it never will be!
- On an early, chilly January morning – the 2nd cricket match between our fiercely competitive ‘Geeks’ and ‘Hipsters’ teams took place. I stood in as the umpire at times, and was the official scorer at others. It was an EXPERIENCE!
- In April, we were off to a weekend trip to Mandarmani (yeah, it’s not THAT far…but it’s a beautiful place). Games, camping, splashing among the waves…and ah yes, some good natured roasting…were all on the roster there.
- June saw us take up a stance that we had not tried before. The 1st edition of our ‘Go Green, Help Clean’ campaign was launched – and the entire Teks team took the pledge of planting a sapling for every app we develop. That’s our little way of giving something back to Nature.
- And here’s one that I was not quite prepared for. We had planned a day picnic at a resort in Deulti in November – and my forever fun-loving team members sprung a surprise by arranging a surprise birthday party for yours truly! There was cake, and gifts, and good music, and great food on the occasion. Last year, they made a lovely caricature figure from one of my Facebook pictures, and now this in 2015 – there’s a reason I don’t own a ‘company’, I have a ‘family’.
Before wrapping up, I would like to thank all my co-workers, and each of our clients worldwide – for making 2015 such a special year. Keep supporting us, and plan more fun stuff from time to time (this order is for the team!). We will make 2016 bigger.
Doing more work with Node.JS and moving more into Swift programming are among our chief new year resolutions this time around. Swift 2.0 is out…and its time for us to become Teks 2.0!
Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year (yeah, the original expression is the other way round…but hey, we’re quirky!). We hope that, to borrow a movie phrase, ‘the odds will ever be in our favour.’
Latest posts by Hussain Fakhruddin (see all)
- Hiring React Native Developers: 6 Skills To Look For - April 30, 2019
- Is Your ‘Great’ App Failing? These Might Be The Reasons! - April 25, 2019
- The Rise & Rise Of The Popularity Of React Native - April 18, 2019